- Are the Jets in a hole? Well, of course…but, last time I checked, this is a best of 7 series.
- Reading social media, one would think the series is over and that the Jets are a terrible hockey team.
- Let’s remember a few things:
- 7 years ago at this time we didn’t even have an NHL team.
- We’ve only made the playoffs once before and were swept.
- We didn’t make the playoffs last year.
- So, when I see the Jets still playing hockey on May 19th…I’m going to choose to be thrilled that we have a team that won two series and still has the ability to come back.
- Rather than writing obits and signs thanking the Jets for a great season…lets keep sending the Jets all of our support.
- What will it take for the Jets to come back?
- It sounds cliche, but there is no other way to say it…just play one game at a time…take care of Sunday in front of your great fans. You beat Nashville in a deciding game 7, take care of the Knights on Sunday afternoon the same way.
- I would insert Kulakov and Morrow into the lineup and take out Enstrom and Chairot. Chairot is not playing good hockey…we need better.
- Jets don’t seem to have that confidence they played with all season…they need to get some cockiness and swagger back into their game. I give Gallant a lot of credit for playing Ryan Reaves. He’s getting under the Jets skin…we need to answer that…maybe its time for Big Buff to have a “dance” with him.
- Helley needs to play at his best…he’s fighting the puck a lot at the worst possible times.
- I like the Little, Perrault, Roslovic line…BUT…they’ve got to score to give us any chance of winning.
- The Roaring 20’s line has gotta produce more…Laine has 5 goals in these playoffs…and looked much better last night. Ehlers and Stastny are playing hard, but the results aren’t there…
- What’s gone into this three game losing streak?
- a) Giving up the first goal and having to chase the game. That first goal is so crucial.
b) Giving up a goal moments after we score; that’s three times now that’s happened.
c) Marc Andre Fleury. I give him all the credit in the world…he has single handidly
shut the Jets down when they were dominating the Knights.
I have never been one to complain about referring…BUT.. that was the most horrendous example of OFFCIATING I have ever seen. It was so one sided against the Jets, it was embarrassing. That penalty to Scheifele in the first period was the worst penalty call I have ever seen. Scheif had blood dripping down on his face and was manhandled to the ice…and he was given the two minute minor. Tyler Myers penalty early in the game was a joke…a wave of a stick and a dive by the Knight’s Carpenter and boom…penalty Jets. Over and Over in the face off circle, Jets players were being thrown out.
It would seem to me that the big whigs in New York, headed by Gary BettNBCman, desperately want Las Vegas in the NHL Stanley Cup final…NBC would be drooling.
THEEEEEEEE WORST OFFICIATING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN A HOCKEY GAME!!
So, it’s Game 5 on Sunday. The Jets fans are going to be loud and really proud of their team. The Jets are going to come out flying and it’s going to be a 5-1 Jets win and off to Vegas we will be going for Game 6 on Tuesday night. The series isn’t over folks…let’s cheer on our Jets!!