© Chuck Duboff
– Never imagined a day when we would see both an NDP government in Alberta and the NDP leading in federal polls for the October election.
– Great new addition to the vibe on Broadway…Fools and Horses Cafe…if you missed my review, it can be found at: https://chuckduboff.com/2015/06/09/third-wave-cafe-fools-and-horses-adds-to-the-renaissance-occurring-in-downtown-winnipeg-reviewed-by-chuck-duboff/
– Bartley Kieves…guess what…there are some really great things going on in Winnipeg…your continual trashing of everything Winnipeg is tiring; thankfully we have enough people in this city who have a positive outlook and are making great things happen.
– Geoff: 24/7 Chuck…striving to be: 2
– What a great vibe in the downtown this week; met so many players from Team Australia and Team USA, had coffee with several families of the players and only heard great things about their perceptions of Winnipeg…and yes Bart Kieves, they love our stadium.
– Bill C51 has taken away our freedom of speech and right to believe in whatever we want; don’t dare express anything remotely interesting about Al-Quida or ISIS and certainly don’t go looking at any of their websites…because…BIG BROTHER is watching you!!!
-It was so wonderful to see how very much Carly, Laine and Ben enjoyed going to two World Cup soccer matches; a big shout out to my cousin Marvin Meltzer for making the tickets happen!!
– Over 10,000 Americans were at the US game the other evening; it’s been great hearing so many great comments about Winnipeg: “It honestly reminds me of Chicago and feels like we’re in Chicago,” she said. “The city feeling — and the wind. I like it.”
-It was so very cool last week when I found out that the Winnipeg Goldeyes shortstop this season, Brad Boyer, is related to Clete Boyer, 3B of my 1961 Yankees!! Pix and autographs and told Brad he was the closest I’d ever get to meeting anyone from that great team. (I remembered later that I did meet Mickey Mantle, Whitey Ford and Billy Martin in 1978)…still very cool
– How do the Sioux City Explorers pay their bills with an announced attendance of 422???
– Does Gary Bettman really believe that the Arizona Coyotes will ever succeed?
– You are missed so very much Robin Williams.
– “The sun is shining, the weather is great…” Bob Marley.