If you didn’t get a chance yesterday, take a few minutes to read this interesting analysis of the situation facing the Winnipeg Jets in their attempts to sign RFA, Jacob Trouba.
© Geoff Brookes
With trepidation, I am writing a blog on one of the most talked about Winnipeg Jets stories this summer – when and how will Jacob Trouba sign a new contract with the Winnipeg Jets?
I’m a reluctant blogger on this topic because there is so very little to report, factually speaking. On the other hand, there are as many opinions as there are Jets fans:
- Trouba doesn’t like Winnipeg, or the Jets. Or, Trouba loves Winnipeg, and loves the Jets.
- Trouba has issues off the ice. Or, Trouba is a model for the Jets’ successful youth movement.
- Trouba’s agent is being unrealistic. Or, Trouba’s agent is just negotiating the best deal possible.
- Trouba will sign a bridge deal. Trouba will only sign a long-term deal.
- Trouba doesn’t want to play on left defense (his “off” side). Or, Trouba doesn’t mind playing his “off” side.
- Trouba isn’t happy…
View original post 839 more words