© Chuck Duboff
- Joel Armia has been an incredible revelation for the Jets and maybe the best player in that blockbuster trade with Buffalo.
- I’m Canadian and not personally invested in the American election, but the political junkie in me can barely stomach this ugly election anymore.
- Day 1 out of 109…feels great and highly motivated.
- I said at the start of the World Series that I’m 60/40 pulling for Cleveland…I’ve always seen Cleveland as the Winnipeg of the United States…from not winning championships to always having jokes made about them. Well, the Cavaliers won this season, they’ve got the Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame there…now it’s time for the Cleveland baseball team to join in the fun!! We’ve got a Winnipeg Goldeyes Championship, the Canadian Museum of Human Rights….time for the Bombers or Jets to chip in.
- It’s been a very long time for both the Cubbies and the Indians…both can’t win:
- So very, very, very cool watching Laine at a soccer clinic yesterday morning led by Desiree Scott of Canada’s National Women’s team. Scott herself had been a Kidsport participant and it’s great to see her giving back to the community.
- To paraphrase the ol’ professor, Mickey Steen…the Bombers stunk the joint out yesterday. Such a crucial game and they were just terrible.
- Some people just aren’t worth the time and effort.
- I would say that #29 for the Jets, Patrik Laine, has a chance to be a pretty decent player!! Ovechkin: “he has a chance to score 50/60 goals” Elliot Freedman: “Hockey people are comparing him to Ovechkin, Kovulchuk and Bossy.”
- Winning that Lottery Ball second overall pick was franchise changing!!
- “Mexicans are murderers and rapists” “Ban all Muslims from coming into the States” “I grab them by the p****s and just kiss them” “I don’t need to show my tax return”…Lose a Billion dollars in one year…don’t pay any taxes…have 12 women accuse you of groping them…run a scam with Trump University…claim you’ll bring jobs back to the US after using Chinese steel for your hotels…and this person is actually running for the presidency??? Really?
- I used to be so into the NFL and now it is almost completely off the radar…more than any other reason, it is the never ending commercials on TV which have driven me away…there is no flow to the game and every time they go to commercial I just lose more and more interest.
- Textbook case in how to ruin a player’s career: Jacob Trouba!! Allowing his dad and agent to control things like he is…is ruining Trouba’s career. I always liked the kid, but he has zero leverage for seven years and to come out demanding a trade and then being told he doesn’t want to play in Canada…good luck with that Jacob…if it was me, I’d have him sit for the seven years the Jets have him under control…Jets have to send a message to future RFA’s that this kind of garbage won’t be tolerated.
- There is a 100% correlation: the older I get the more I hate, yes hate, winter!!
- The Winnipeg Free Press…you used to be such a pleasure to read…now all you are is 24 hours old news and poorly written and edited stories; so sad to watch.
- Hey Andrew: that Goldeyes mug that I used on our championship playoff run…now 2 for 2 with the Jets…just sayin!!!
- Watching how very much Ben and Laine love reading is so wonderful…here’s Ben at 7:00 in the morning reading a Babe Ruth biography…takes great parenting to instil a love of reading!!
- Couldn’t be prouder of Matt and the determination he showed…I know you’ll be great with your new job at the West End Cultural Centre.