© Chuck Duboff
- Holy Cow…the Cubs win the World Series!!!!
- Anthony Rizzo, you are now my favourite ballplayer “I’m an emotional wreck.”
- 5 million Cubs fans celebrating at the World Series parade!! How very cool.
- I guess baseball isn’t the dying sport NFL big whigs wanna claim it is…in fact, I would suggest that it is the NFL, the no fun league, which is in big trouble.
- So happy for long suffering Cubbies fans…I’ve been around a long time and I’ve never seen a Cubs championship…they’ve always been my NL team…very cool to enjoy.
- You’ve gotta watch this video: Rizzo, Ross, Fowler and Mr. Cub, Bill Murray singing
- Go Cubs Go:
- Ferguson Jenkins, Ron Santo, Randy Hundly, Leo Durorcher, Ryne Sandburg…all smiling today.
- Some guy in Winnipeg named Craig…I wonder if he has stopped smiling; like I told you all season pal, just take it one game at a time and it’ll happen.
- For Winnipeg baseball fans: between the Goldeyes winning the AA Championship and then some great MLB playoff baseball…we were treated to a fall to remember.
- Harry Caray singing “Take Me Out To The Ballgame”…how sweet it is:
- So, the baseball season is over and I would suggest it’s never been healthier…fans are rediscovering the pure joy of the game.
- On a personal note, writing baseball blogs all season has been something I’ll always treasure. From the time I was a little boy cheering for Mantle and Maris and the Yankees, I’ve always dreamed of writing about baseball…and thanks to a couple of very special people with the Goldeyes, you helped to make that dream come true. Andrew and Steve…you guys both said: “sure” many times this summer…and for that, I can’t thank you enough.