© Chuck Duboff
- So you’re saying there’s still a chance; last night’s Jets game gave us a brief glimpse into what the Jets future looks like. Sure we may not may the playoffs this year…but having talented players like Scheif, Troubs, Morrisey, Laine, Ehlers, Lowrey, Copp and Dano…the future is bright. As for Hellybucyk…last night was his fourth shutout of the season…the skill is there…he is still learning the mental part of the game…the future is so bright!!
- Thank you Puerto Vallarta; what a magnificent two weeks under clear blue skies, hot sunshine, spectacular mountains, beaches and the Pacific Ocean…see you next winter.
- Great stopping in to see Goldeyes GM Andrew Collier and Broadcaster/media guru Steve Schuster. Got caught up on some of the new players we’ve signed…and brought Andrew, Steve and Goldeyes skipper, Rick Forney, championship Coheba cigars!! Baseball is in the air.
- The noose is tightening on Herr Trump…and as it does, he gets more and more unhinged. I said it during the election…Russia was behind the Trump tainted win…and it’s all coming to fruition. Trump is now starting to blame Obama for all the coverups and Russia mess…sad Donald, very sad.
- “Making America Hate Again” North Carolina man arrested for threatening, knocking over gay couple as he said “you live in Trump Country now.”
- Watch this video and see further evidence of Trump’s success in Making America Hate again:
- Jacob Trouba is becoming the #1 defence man we all expected he would evolve into…now, hopefully, Jets can lock him up long term like they did his buddy Mark Scheiffle.
- So many great friends down in Puerto Vallarta; must say, it was probably the most difficult time saying goodbye to everybody…They truly are wonderful people, hard working, friendly, kind and caring (Didn’t see any of the “bad ones” Donald.)
- So Brian Pallister spends two months down in Costa Rica; comes home and immediately announces his slash and burn campaign!! All the while accepting a 20% salary increase last year…after all somebody has to pay for his home in Costa Rica.
- Warning to my friends in the teaching profession, especially the young ones who have just started their careers. I experienced the same thing in the early 1980’s under the Filmon government; Filmon Fridays came in and civil servants had to take an unpaid day off a month. Then teacher layoffs came; I was a young teacher, with a young family…and 35 teachers were cut from the school division I was in. Lost my job. Be ware…the Education system is on Pallister’s hit list.
- Excited to take our Laine to the Jets game tonight; so blessed that I’m in a position to afford so many tix and have two wonderful grandchildren who are huge Jets fans. Pretty sweet.
- There is a 100% correlation between getting older and the degree to which I can not tolerate winter.
- Two years in a row I’ve had blogs I’ve written about Puerto Vallarta picked up by PV online websites and official twitter accounts. Pretty great feeling.
- The Sierra Madre Mountains, the Pacific Ocean, the beautiful beaches, the hot sunshine…all inspire great workouts and clarity in writing.