© Chuck Duboff
- After a rough start to the season, Jets with two impressive road wins over Edmonton and Vancouver to get back to a record of 2-2.
- Love what Coach Maurice said after the game yesterday: “It’s tough playing in a Canadian market when you lose the first two the way we did.
- Nic Ehlers is one dynamic player and just appears to be getting better and more confident with each game!!
- Great pass by Bryan Little last night on Patrik Laine’s 2nd goal of the season…what a pass, what a shot!!
- It’s making a big difference having Tyler Myers back; with each game he seems to be getting stronger.
- Conner Hellebucyk looks so much calmer in the nets this season; a great first two games…this is why you want a veteran backup…puts pressure on Mason to produce when he gets his chance. If they can give us even just average to above average goaltending, I like our chances.
- Whatever the reason for big Buff’s absence the last game, injury or benching, it will be interesting to see what happens Saturday if he’s ready to play. Does he play defence and disrupt the solid play of the Jets defence the last two games or do we try him out at forward on the 3rd line? Like everyone else has seen the last two games, we’ve played a much sounder defensive game without 33.
- I don’t understand the coaching staff’s fascination with Brandon Tanev…skates like the wind, but sure doesn’t produce anything.
- Our 3rd and 4th lines need huge improvement; Maurice said before the season that he’d like to see 40 goals from the third line; Say What???? So far zero points…
- At some point, sooner than later, Jets will have to call up Kyle Conner and Jack Roslovic to generate some 3rd line scoring.
- Jets have a really tough schedule ahead of them; I kind of like the Mike O’Shea mantra…just one game at a time; the only game that matters is the next one.
- Tucker Poolman…5th round pick…24 years old…plays like a 10 year vet!! So impressed.
- I know this is Geoff’s specialty area when it comes to Jets analytics…when you can get guys like Lowry in 3rd round, Poolman and Hellybucyk in 5th rounds, your scouts are doing something right. We always seem to hit home runs with our first round picks, Scheif, Troubs, Ehlers, Morrisey, Laine, but when you can find nuggets in the later rounds, your scouts are earning their keep.
- TSN…you’ve gotta give us more Ray Ferarro…losing Shane was tough, but man oh man is Ferarro a great colour man with Beyak; I know he’s more of a national out of Toronto guy, but the other guys who had try outs were no where near what Ferarro gave us last night!!
- Lot of the Jets young guns have to learn how to play under the pressure of home games at the Bell MTS Centre. Give the fans something positive in your play and you will have them cheering you on like no other building in the league.