© Chuck Duboff
- Chicago 5, Winnipeg 1…and the score flattered the Jets.
- “We weren’t ready to play…” Adam Lowry. Not ready to play?? Hmmm.
- Jets were smothered, out coached; in the first seven minutes the puck didn’t leave the Jets end of the ice. Chicago came out prepared…the Jets, not so much.
- Matthieu Perrault barely saw the ice in the first period….um, ok.
- Two weeks ago when we were on top of the world, I was more restrained than most would have expected, but the reality was…the media was gushing all over the team, fans were planning parades at Portage and Main…guess what? It was just the start of December and a long season ahead…we followed this up with losses to Detroit, Florida, Tampa Bay…got a win over an inferior Vancouver team…and then got hammered last night.
- Tyler Myers and Patrik Laine looked lost out there. It may be a joke that Ehlers keeps repeating, but there is some truth to it…5 on 5, Laine contributes very little to the team…power play, yes…but otherwise he’s doing a lot of stick waving. I love Tyler Myers…was even wearing my Myers jersey last night, but man, was he brutal.
- Hellebucyk allows another 5 goals, a couple of which he should have had. Like the rest of the team, his numbers are coming down to earth.
- I don’t think Matt Hendricks can be playing every night…it’s starting to wear on him; no criticism from here…he’s a great team player, but, he’s 36 and can’t go every night. Perhaps time to call up one of those Moose players whose on fire: Jack Roslovic.
- To quote former Winnipeg Jet Scott Campbell: Vegas 42 points, Jets 41 points and Vegas has a game in hand…hmmm…just sayin.
- I think Toby Enstrom and Dustin Byfuglien would look awfully good in a Jets uniform right about now.
- I’ll repeat…all the media talk about how great this Jets team is, got into the players heads and that is exactly when this downturn started.
- Jets need more from their 3rd line…yeah it’s nice and cool to say what wonderful checkers they are, but some offence is needed!!
- Reading how Pittsburgh is looking hard to make a trade…as they always do to get ready for the playoff push…Chevy: he’ll call up Julien Melchiori for his big move.
- Two against St Louis this weekend and then Nashville on Tuesday…we’ll be lucky to get a split with the Blues and our fortunes with the Preds have never been good. One man’s opinion, but the deep slide continues this weekend.
- Twitter world was all over Maurice last night, as he set the record for most losses by an NHL coach; I will simply say this…Quenvillle has 3 Stanley Cup rings and Maurice has the record for most losses by a coach; and it showed last night.
- For those who think I am being too critical, I have actually been pretty consistent in this assessment…and going back two weeks ago, I cautioned everyone about all the Stanley Cup talk and planning of parades.