© Chuck Duboff
– This kind of weather makes a Winnipeg winter a lot easier to handle.
– Saw the movie Whiplash yesterday…one of the best movies I’ve seen in a long, long time.
– A very special thanks to the Winnipeg Jets for putting on the Skills Competition; what a joy it was to see the players having so much fun on the ice and more importantly, to see the wide eyed excitement of Ben and Laine (not to mention Mickey and Chuck feeling like little kids watching their sports heroes). The second picture is Laine right beside the Jets bench.
– So, we are now going to follow the dictates of a weasel in North Korea…telling us what movies and shows we can and can not watch. If Kim Jung Un decided that he didn’t like the values portrayed in the new Hobbit movie…and then states that unless we pull that movie from theatres, a 9/11 style attack on movie theatres will happen…are we going to give up our freedoms, our freedom of speech to listen to an asshole like this. I would be the first in line to go and see The Interview and simply say: in your face you little dweeb!!!
– And what would Adolph Hitler have done with shows like Hogans’s Heroes and movies like The Great Dictator:
– So the United States is going to open relations with Cuba; duh, ya think!!! The Americans have relations with China which is one of the worst human rights abusers in the world. How long now before the States goes into Cuba and once again destroys all that is beautiful about that country? Are there human rights abuses in Cuba? Absolutely. Just as there are human rights abuses in the United States and Canada. Americans will go back into Cuba, build hotels, gambling emporiums, and undo the best health care and education systems in the world. Will the people have their freedoms or will this just be an opportunity for Americans to capitalize on a beautiful island? I think the latter!
– In all my years of watching hockey, I have never seen anything like what the Jets are experiencing…losing their top four defence men…and not just for a few games, but for an extended period of time. Great pickup by Chevy, getting a veteran d-man to plug one of the gaping holes. It will be amazing if the Jets can hang onto a playoff spot until Bogo, Enstrom, Trouba and Stuart get back. All credit to Paul Maurice…two big wins this week with a depleted lineup.
– Where would the Winnipeg Jets be without Big #33 DUSTIN BYFUGLIEN?
– Sometimes in life there are people you have to say good bye to, because they are nothing more than a drain on your happiness and good will. You know who you are.
– I think Theresa Oswald is the only hope the NDP has of holding off Brian Pallister and his Gary Filmon politics!!